Sumatra Mandheling Coffee
Out of stock
A firm favourite in our Coffees of the World gift set, Sumatra Mandhelding is lusciously creamy with notes of dark chocolate and raspberries. It's not hard to see why this Indonesian dark roast is so popular.
Undergoing "Giling Basah", the name of the traditional Sumatran coffee process, the parchment is removed off of these beans at around 50% moisture content (compared to the typical 10–12%), giving the coffee its prized full-bodied, rich profile with a low acidity – and the green beans a signature dark colour.
• Origin: Sumatra
• Roast: Dark
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Our range of Coffee Grinders, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot or iced
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourite for this particular coffee is a flat white
• A new favourite: If you like our Guatemala Elephant Coffee or Café Français Coffee we think you'll enjoy our Sumatra Mandeling Coffee
Roasted Arabica Beans
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout in your order total. This is inclusive of any additional taxes to your shipping country. Find out more here.
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Dark Chocolate & Raspberries
Try it as...
Keep things simple to appreciate this complex coffee in all its glory – brew in a stovetop and serve as a flat white.
Benefitting from volcanic soil, our Sumatra Mandheling is grown on the slopes of Mount Leuser, a volcano near the port of Padang on Sumatra's west coast.
As Brewed by You
Coffee is a personal thing, and we love to see how you put your touches on your morning cuppas. Take a snap, follow us on Instagram and tag @whittardofchelsea1886 for a chance to be featured in our gallery.