Whittard House Blend Coffee
Out of stock
Bringing together the rounded chocolatey notes of Colombian beans with the toffee-toned sweetness of Brazil's, our dark roast House Blend creates a cup with unmistakeably character; just as our founder Walter Whittard liked his coffee to be.
Inspired by our Guatemala Elephant and San Agustin coffees, our House Blend is a full-bodied dark roast. Coffee beans from different regions vary hugely in flavour, acidity, aroma and body: the process of blending allows for a wide range of desired characteristics which are often unachievable in an individual bean. The best combinations have a far greater complexity than a single origin coffee, and our bespoke House Blend strikes the perfect balance.
• Origin: Colombia and Brazil
• Roast: Dark
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Our range of Coffee Grinders, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot or iced
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourites for this particular coffee is an americano or an espresso
Roasted Arabica beans.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Dark Chocolate and Toffee
Try it as...
This bold blend is delicious brewed in a cafetière for full force of flavour, and served as an Americano.
COLOMBIA AND BRAZIL
For our House Blend, we've selected beans from two renowned coffee-growing regions in South America: Cauca in south-western Colombia and southern Brazil's Minas Gerais.
How to Brew the Perfect Cup
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
100ml freshly boiled water
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a cup
- Pour over freshly boiled water
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
As Brewed by You
Coffee is a personal thing, and we love to see how you put your touches on your morning cuppas. Take a snap, follow us on Instagram and tag @whittardofchelsea1886 for a chance to be featured in our gallery.