We’ve been around since 1886 – so tradition and heritage are synonymous with our name. But that doesn’t mean we’re not looking forward, continually exploring new frontiers with our unique, creative products, and sustainability plays a big part in our plans. We’re by no means perfect, but we’re certainly making positive steps towards a more responsible future. Follow our journey here…
What We’re Doing Now
- We’ve introduced web delivery packaging that’s 100% recyclable, removes the need for inner protective plastic pillows and has been produced using eco-friendly vegetable and water-based inks. Take a look here.
- We have swapped any plastic in our tea packaging to NatureFlex (a biodegradable, compostable material made from wood pulp).
- Around 80% of our product packaging is recyclable or compostable.
- We’re working with the Ethical Tea Partnership to ensure our tea gardens work to strict sustainable, ethical and socially responsible standards. Find out more here.
- We’ve moved from traditional plastics to compostable, recyclable materials for all our teabags.
- We've introduced a re-usable jute shopping bag to encourage customers to bring your own beautiful bag when out shopping. These will be stocked in our stores and online. If you forget your bag in store or need another, our carrier bags are made from paper and are fully recyclable.
- We've introduced compostable coffee ziplock bags for your coffee beans.
- We fully support green thinking with in-store initiatives such as 30p off drinks to go at our Tea Bar when you bring your own cup.
- The tasting cups in our stores are plastic-free and compostable.
What We’re Working Towards
Reducing plastic usage across all our products.
What You Can Do
Recycle or compost our products wherever possible – all of our packaging is clearly labelled for ease.
Bring a caddy or reusable container into store to top up your tea or coffee.
Bring a travel mug with you when visiting our Tea Bars and receive 30p off your drink.
Got a suggestion or a question?
We’d love to hear your thoughts; drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org