Delivery and returns
We offer several delivery services:
- Our Click and Collect and Click and Reserve services are FREE: simply collect your order from one of our eligible UK stores.
- International Delivery costs between £7.50 and £20.00, depending on location.
- For UK deliveries, visit our Deliveries & Returns page. Click here for further information.
You can have your items delivered to your nearest UK Whittard store for free. Otherwise, please visit our Deliveries & Returns page Click here for further information.
We offer four delivery services:
- Currently we are experiencing delays, Standard UK Delivery will arrive 3–5 working days after placing your order.
- Next-Day Delivery, which will be delivered the next working day, if you place your order before 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday. If you place your order on a Friday before 5 p.m., we will deliver it on the following Monday, unless this is a bank holiday. If your order is placed after 5 p.m. on a Friday, then it will be delivered the following Tuesday.
- Click and Collect orders will take 2-5 working days to arrive at your chosen store. Click and Reserve orders are available to collect after 3 working hours.
- International Deliveries can take up to 14 working days to arrive.
- All Whittard of Chelsea standard deliveries within the UK are made by courier and delivered between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday, excluding bank holidays. Premium, next day or express services are delivered between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Please note that couriers can occasionally deliver your order outside these hours, particularly during peak seasons.
Orders placed using our UK, standard delivery service are fulfilled by Yodel and Premium, Next Day deliveries by DPD.
International orders are delivered by your local postal service or DHL Express.
Once your order has been despatched, you'll receive an email notification which will include a link to track your order delivery.
Please note that tracking will not take effect until 12 hours from being despatched.
If you have any queries, you can contact our customer service team for further information.
Deliveries to BFPO addresses are charged at our UK standard delivery rate of £3.95.
Orders will be delivered to the BFPO sorting office. Unfortunately, we're unable to provide tracking information once the parcel arrives at the BFPO sorting office.
Whittard of Chelsea are not liable for any loss or damage of goods delivered to a BFPO address. Please contact our Customer Service Team for further information should you have any concerns.
Unfortunately, we're unable to deliver to a PO Box address.
If you are not at home between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, we recommend arranging delivery to an alternative address (such as a work address). If we attempt to deliver to your address and no one is available, the courier will leave a card informing you how to re-arrange delivery, and will re-attempt the following working day. Any unclaimed or undelivered orders will eventually make their way back to our Returns department, where a refund will be processed.
Please note that we don't recommend customers to leave instructions for goods to be left outside their address. Should you wish to proceed with this option, Whittard of Chelsea will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
If you wish to return a product to us for any reason, you may do so within 30 days of the despatch date (or by 31st January for orders placed in November and December) to one of our UK stores or to our Freepost returns address (Freepost is only available from within the UK). The item must be in a saleable condition and in its original undamaged packaging. We'll refund or replace the item should you so wish.
We offer a Taste Guarantee policy which means that if anything fails to meet your expectations you can return for an exchange or full refund – just remember to enclose your order confirmation or delivery note if you're returning it by post or popping in store. That way you're free to try something new, without the risk of disappointment. Find out more about the Taste Guarantee policy here
We offer a free returns address from a UK post office:
Whittard of Chelsea
C/O Cygnia Ltd
DC139 Style Way
Yes, you can exchange an item at one of our UK stores or by returning to us by post. Please have your receipt of purchase to do this.
Australia is very strict about certain products entering the country – specifically fruit and flowers. With these items, there's always a very small risk that insects may be present, and they are therefore considered a risky import.
We're therefore unable to ship more than 5kg of tea per order to Australia, due to custom regulations. All orders to Australian addresses must have a contact telephone number in order to comply with our courier regulations.
Unfortunately, once an order has been placed we are unable to amend or cancel the order.
You may return any unwanted items to our freepost returns address, or to one of our stores for an exchange or refund.
We offer a free returns address from a UK post office:
Whittard of Chelsea
C/O Cygnia Ltd
DC139 Style Way
A valid promotion code can be applied to your order by entering it into the promotion code box, located on the basket page of the checkout process. Please note only one promotion code can be redeemed per order.
If you are experiencing any difficulties in redeeming the code, please contact our customer service team.
Yes, there is a maximum spend of €150 excluding delivery for all orders being shipped to Europe.
There could be a number of reasons why your discount code isn't working:
- Ensure the promotion code is valid.
- If you have seen the promotion code on an email from us, please check the terms and conditions on the email for any exclusions.
- The promotion code must be entered in its correct format into the promotion code box, located on the basket page of the checkout process.
- Only one promotion code can be applied and redeemed per order.
- The promotion code will not apply if you have ordered discounted items.
- Some promotion codes and offers are only valid above a specific spend threshold – this will be made clear on any Whittard promotional materials advertising the offer. You must meet this spend threshold before the offer can be applied. Bear in mind that discounted items do not count towards the threshold.
- If the particular promotion code entitles you to a free gift, a pop-up box should appear when applying the promotion code. Please click to add the free gift to your order. The free gift will only appear on your order if it has been added in this way.
We accept payment online by Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Maestro and PayPal. We accept payment in GBP, EUR and USD. You can also redeem a Whittard E-voucher by applying the unique E-Voucher code on the payment section at checkout.
Please note that we cannot accept payment by PayPal when placing orders by telephone.
Unless otherwise stated, promotion codes can only be redeemed on online orders. However, if you show the promotion offer email to our store team, they may be able to honour this for you.
Orders placed on our website are not entitled to a tax refund.
Yes you can. Please contact our Customer Service team with details of your order, and they will arrange for this to be sent to you via email.
We’re proud to be a member of the Ethical Tea Partnership, a not-for-profit organisation which works to improve tea sustainability, the lives of tea workers and the environment in which tea is produced. You can find out more about the partnership here.
We work closely with a range of trusted suppliers, making sure our customers get the best quality products, services and card. Many of our tea and coffee suppliers are certified by UTZ, the Rainforest Alliance or Fairtrade. We also regularly partner with charity the Eve Appeal to raise money and awareness for their vital research into gynaecological cancer.
Please note that our fruit and herbal infusions are not covered by the ETP, but instead are produced in compliance with the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (see separate document for details).
All Whittard tea gardens are part of the ETP’s Global Standard monitoring programme to ensure our teas are produced safely, fairly and sustainably.
Third party auditors visit our gardens and assess whether they are complying the below provisions:
- Social Provisions Environmental Provisions
- Freely Chosen Employment
- Freedom of Association and the Right to Collective Bargaining
- Health and Safety
- No Child Labour
- Fair Wages and Benefits
- Fair Working Hours
- No Discrimination
- Regular Employment
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
- Environmental Management Systems
- Agrochemical safety
- Soil Conservation
- Ecosystem Conservation
- Water Conservation
- Energy Use
- Waste Management
We also support the ETP in a programme of projects that uphold and improve these provisions:
- Occupational health and safety training for tea farmers to improve worker safety & human resource management training to improve tea garden’s environmental management systems so soil, water, ecosystems, and wildlife are protected. We also assist the tea sector to understand the implications of climate change and maintain tea production in the face of changing weather patterns and growing conditions.
- Partnering with charities to help local communities eg. Working with UNICEF to combat child marriage and exploitation of girls in Assam.
Please note that our fruit and herbal infusions are not covered by the ETP, and on these infusions, we work direct with our suppliers to ensure fair and sustainable sourcing.
Visiting our suppliers regularly, they guarantee production to EU standards on all our lines, and all of our suppliers all adhere to sustainable management codes, with full transparency along the entire supply chain.
At Whittard we aim to be a great place to work and want our employees to be happy and proud to work for us. Under government regulations all UK businesses with more than 250 employees are required to publish their gender pay gap. You can download the Whittard Gender Pay Gap Report 2018 here.
To make sure you enjoy our freshly roasted coffee at its best, we add a best before date to it which is 4 weeks from the date of ordering. Please be assured that coffee does not go off after this date. However, it may have lost a little of its perfect taste: as soon as coffee is exposed to air and moisture, the flavour is affected.
At Whittard, we offer premium coffee which is sold at the peak of its condition at all times, and is roasted approximately 3 months before it is sold online and in our stores.
To make sure customers receive only the freshest coffee, we carefully manage our stock and we are confident the quality of your product will be excellent. But if you are ever disappointed, please return your product to us, using our returns address or take it to any of our stores, under our Taste Guarantee Policy. Please include a note to tell us what’s wrong, and we will arrange an exchange or refund for you as requested.
No, we don't show any prices on the paperwork sent with order deliveries. Please note that we do include prices for international deliveries due to custom reasons.
Yes, we now offer free gift messaging. Simply choose your products and head to the checkout where you will be able to add a free gift message.
Our instant tea contains an extract of black tea and therefore a small amount of caffeine (approximately 0.01%).