Jasmine Loose Tea
Out of stock
We've sourced our signature Jasmine loose green tea from remote tea gardens in the south of China. The leaves are harvested and processed in the spring, then kept fresh until the summer jasmine season, when the young jasmine buds are picked and layered over the tea to release their essential oils. The result is richly fragrance yet pleasingly light delicious enjoyed at dusk, or as an after-dinner palate cleanser.
• Origin: China
• Tea type: Green
• Number of servings (using 1tsp/ 2g per cup): 100g pouch = 50 cups and 120g caddy = 60 cups
• Ideal for using with: Glass Pao Infuser Mug, Chelsea Glass Teapot with Infuser and Infusers & Strainers
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Weight: 100g loose tea pouch and 120g tea caddy
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from strong light and odours. Once opened, store in an airtight container.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout in your order total. This is inclusive of any additional taxes to your shipping country. Find out more here.
Product Content Slot
More about this Tea
Sweet, aromatic jasmine
Salty foods pair with sweetness well, fried dumplings, parmesan cheese
We’ve chosen the number 9 for this classic Chinese tea, a symbol of harmony in Chinese culture and historically associated with the Emperor.
The origins of tea lie in China: legend has it that it was discovered when a few leaves fell into the mythical emperor Shennong's cup of hot water. Today China produces thousands of different varieties ranging from black and green tea to more unusual teas, like puerh or yellow tea.
How to Make
1 tsp loose tea
- Pop 1 tsp of loose tea per cup into a Pao mug or teapot with an infuser
- Pour in 200ml water per cup boiled to 55-75 degrees
- Wait for 2-3 minutes
- Remove infuser and enjoy
2 tsp loose tea
100ml freshly boiled water
Fruit or mint to garnish (optional)
- Add the loose tea to a refillable teabag or an infuser and place in a cup or heat-resistant glass
- Pour over freshly boiled water. Remove the teabag/infuser
- Top up with plenty of ice
- Garnish with fruit and sprigs of mint if desired
As Brewed by You
You make time for tea, and we make time for you. Show us how you take your cup of something special, follow us on Instagram and tag @whittardofchelsea1886 for a chance to be featured in our gallery.
Discover & Explore
A GUIDE TO GREEN TEA
Curious about green tea’s humble beginnings and the knack to brewing the perfect cup?
FIND OUT MORE
HOW TO HOST AFTERNOON TEA
We’ve pulled together some top tips for hosting your very own afternoon tea.