Sencha Asagiri Loose Tea
Out of stock
The Japanese Sencha Asagiri is an elegant green tea with a sweet, fresh, and invigorating flavour backed by a smooth and velvety texture. As the most popular tea in Japan, this steamed green tea is packed with tradition, ingenuity and purity at its heart.
Our Sencha Asagiri is grown in Kirishima, which means “Island of Fog” in Japanese. Much of the tea is grown deep in the mountains and is frequently shrouded in a mysterious thick fog. This slows the growth of the tea, creating a full bodied, unique flavour. This tea is quite different from most teas, using a steaming process rather than baking. The steam creates a smooth, light body with a delicate, sweet, and invigorating flavour. The tea garden has been run by the same family for three generations.
• Origin: Kirishima area of Kagoshima Prefecture, South Japan
• Tea type: Green
• Number of servings (using 1tsp/ 2g per cup): 100g pouch = 50 cups
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Delivery & Returns
Product Content Slot
How to Make
1 tsp loose tea
- Pop 1 tsp of loose tea per cup into a Pao mug or teapot with an infuser
- Pour in 200ml water per cup boiled to 55-75 degrees
- Wait for 2-3 minutes
- Remove infuser and enjoy
2 tsp loose tea
100ml freshly boiled water
Fruit or mint to garnish (optional)
- Add the loose tea to a refillable teabag or an infuser and place in a cup or heat-resistant glass
- Pour over freshly boiled water. Remove the teabag/infuser
- Top up with plenty of ice
- Garnish with fruit and sprigs of mint if desired
Discover & Explore
A GUIDE TO GREEN TEA
Curious about green tea's humble beginnings and the knack to brewing the perfect cup?
FIND OUT MORE
HOW TO HOST AFTERNOON TEA
We've pulled together some top tips for hosting your very own afternoon tea.
FIND OUT MORE
Gin + tea = sheer magic. Shake up one of these if you don't believe us…