Monsoon Malabar Ground Coffee Valve Pack
Out of stock
Our Monsoon Malabar sealed in a valve pack for freshness. Exceptionally smooth with a sweet, spicy kick, this dark roast coffee is unique to the lush Malabar Coast of Karnataka and Kerala, where it has protected status.
One of India’s finest coffees, Monsoon Malabar is also one of the best loved coffees in our range. Exposed for months on end, the Typica varietal Arabica beans are washed to a pale gold by the steamy storms of the monsoon season – the secret behind this coffee’s distinctive taste profile.
• Origin: India
• Roast: Dark
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 200g = 13 cups
• Ideal for using with: Cafetieres, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot, iced or cold brewed
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourite for this particular coffee is a latte
100% ground Arabica coffee.Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout in your order total. This is inclusive of any additional taxes to your shipping country. Find out more here.
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Red Wine & Brazil Nut
Try it as...
We love a strong shot of this rich, dark coffee brewed in an AeroPress and served as a latte.
Our Monsoon Malabar comes from the Karnataka region, on the northern stretch of the Malabar Coast in south-western India.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
250ml steamed milk
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a tall glass
- Top up with steaming hot milk
- Finish with a spoonful of foam.
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here
Monsoon in a Coffee Cup
Monsoon Malabar’s unique process of exposure was discovered by chance back in the 16th century, as spice ships transported the beans back across the seas to Europe. Stored deep within the hold, the damp, humid conditions caused the beans to swell, neutralising any acidity and producing a deep, heavy sweetness – an immediate hit with Europeans.