Dark Chocolate Loose Tea
Out of stock
We’ve blended a loose leaf black tea from India and Indonesia with a (very) generous helping of cocoa nibs, creating a tea that’s full-bodied, aromatic and seriously chocolatey.
Brace yourself for a loose leaf tea that’s truly indulgent. As food pairings go, we think chocolate with tea is one of the best – so we couldn’t resist combining the two flavours in a cup.
It’s just the thing for a sugar-free chocolate fix – which might explain why our marketing team kept asking for extra samples…
• Tea type: Black
• Number of servings (using 1tsp/ 2g per cup): 100g = 50 cups
• Ideal for using with: Glass Pao Infuser Mug, Chelsea Glass Teapot with Infuser and Infusers & Strainers
Black Tea (57%), Cocoa Kernels (38%), Flavouring
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from strong light and odours. Once opened, store in an airtight container.
Stackable Caddy: If you choose the caddy option it will stack with our other tea caddies
Delivery & Returns
Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout in your order total. This is inclusive of any additional taxes to your shipping country. Find out more here.
Product Content Slot
More about this Tea
Chocolate truffle, smooth and sweet
All butter shortbread
"Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates." That's Tom Hanks speaking perhaps the most famous chocolate quotation of all time – Forrest Gump first hit our screens in 1994, so we've given this tea the number 94.
Ever since our founder Walter Whittard weighed out tea leaves behind his high mahogany counter, we've been experimenting with our own inventive blends. Today you'll find extraordinary creativity in our collection, from unique twists on classics like English Breakfast to more inventive blends laden with fruit and flowers.
How to Make
1 tsp loose tea
- Pop 1 tsp of loose tea per cup into a Pao mug or teapot with an infuser
- Pour in 200ml water per cup boiled to 98 degrees
- Wait for 3-5 minutes
- Remove infuser and enjoy
2 tsp loose tea
100ml freshly boiled water
Fruit or mint to garnish (optional)
- Add the loose tea to a refillable teabag or an infuser and place in a cup or heat-resistant glass
- Pour over freshly boiled water. Remove the teabag/infuser
- Top up with plenty of ice
- Garnish with fruit and sprigs of mint if desired
Discover & Explore
A GUIDE TO BLACK TEA
Discover what makes this tea type an all-day, everyday favourite in the West…
FIND OUT MORE
HOW TO HOST AFTERNOON TEA
We’ve pulled together some top tips for hosting your very own afternoon tea.