Piccadilly Blend Loose Tea
Out of stock
If you walk down piccadilly with a poppy or a lily..
Don your top hat and take a trip to town with our Piccadilly Blend, inspired by our long history of expertise. Bringing together the best of British and Eastern tea tradition, we've blended a classic loose leaf black tea with floral flavours of rose, strawberry and lotus, luxuriantly layered with colourful cornflowers petals. Radiant, fragrant and subtly sweet, it's a beautiful brew for afternoon tea – don't forget the three-tiered cake stand....
• Tea type: Black
• Number of servings (using 1tsp/ 2g per cup): 100g = 50 cups
• Ideal for using with: Glass Pao Infuser Mug, Chelsea Glass Teapot with Infuser and Infusers & Strainers
Black Tea, Hibiscus, Flavourings, 1% Cornflower Petals
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from strong light and odours. Once opened, store in an airtight container.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout in your order total. This is inclusive of any additional taxes to your shipping country. Find out more here.
Product Content Slot
More about this Tea
Oriental floral flavours and rounded fruity notes
Shortbread and the sweet flavours of this tea are a great combination
The adventures of Bertie Wooster and his long-suffering butler Jeeves are often set in and around Piccadilly. The writer PG Wodehouse reached the grand old age of 93 before he died, so we’ve given this tea the number 93 in his honour..
Ever since our founder Walter Whittard weighed out tea leaves behind his high mahogany counter, we've been experimenting with our own inventive blends. Today you'll find extraordinary creativity in our collection, from unique twists on classics like English Breakfast to more inventive blends laden with fruit and flowers.
How to Make
1 tsp loose tea
- Pop 1 tsp of loose tea per cup into a Pao mug or teapot with an infuser
- Pour in 200ml water per cup boiled to 98 degrees
- Wait for 3-5 minutes
- Remove infuser and enjoy
2 tsp loose tea
100ml freshly boiled water
Fruit or mint to garnish (optional)
- Add the loose tea to a refillable teabag or an infuser and place in a cup or heat-resistant glass
- Pour over freshly boiled water. Remove the teabag/infuser
- Top up with plenty of ice
- Garnish with fruit and sprigs of mint if desired
Discover & Explore
A GUIDE TO BLACK TEA
Discover what makes this tea type an all-day, everyday favourite in the West…
FIND OUT MORE
HOW TO HOST AFTERNOON TEA
We’ve pulled together some top tips for hosting your very own afternoon tea.