Rocky Road Flavour Hot Chocolate
Out of stock
A British twist which takes the road less travelled, this Whittard all-time favourite combines classic flavours of marshmallow and milk chocolate with those of toffee, cherry, raisins and sultanas.
The name Rocky Road harks back to the gold fields of Australia, where prospectors crunched through chocolate, biscuit and marshmallows as they sieved for their fortune. Gold rush soon became sugar rush as the recipe went global – it's since become a pure slice of Americana, appearing as an ice cream, cupcakes and... pizza. We'll stick to our famous hot chocolate, thanks.
• Hot chocolate base: Milk chocolate
• Hot chocolate format: Powder form, we recommend making it with hot milk (or your preferred milk alternative) rather than water for the ultimate smooth, creamy cup. Find out how to make the perfect hot chocolate here.
•Number of servings (using 3 heaped tsp/20g per mug for hot chocolate or 2 tbsp or 28g per mug for milkshake): 350g = 17 mugs of hot chocolate/12 mugs of milkshake
•Ideal for using with: Mini Marshmallows and Nova Double-Walled Mug
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot, as an ice-cold milkshake or use in baking
Sugar, Cocoa (38%), Dextrose, Flavouring, Salt. Contains Cocoa solids 38% minimum.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Nutritional Facts Per 100g Per 20g as sold Energy (kJ) 1658 332 (Kcal) 394 79 Fat 8g 2g of which saturates 5g 1g Carbohydrates 66g 13g of which sugars 59g 12g Protein 8g 2g Salt 0.5g 0.1g
Storage: Store in a cool dry place.
Blended and packed in the UK.
Contents may settle in transit.
Delivery & Returns
Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout in your order total. This is inclusive of any additional taxes to your shipping country. Find out more here.
Product Content Slot
Recipe: Rocky Road Biscuits
140g plain flour
50g self-raising flour 40g Whittard Rocky Road hot chocolate powder
60g granulated sugar
80g finely chopped glacé cherries
62g unsalted butter cut into cubes, softened
62g golden syrup
Half a large egg, lightly beaten
Melted chocolate or royal icing to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150-160°C fan).
- Sift the flours and Rocky Road hot chocolate powder into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, then add the cherries and mix until fully coated.
- Rub the butter lightly into the dry mixture with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the egg and golden syrup, stirring to combine. Once the mixture starts to come together, use your hand to knead the mixture into a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment to a thickness of about 5mm. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm, cut it into heart shapes. Carefully lift the hearts from the parchment – you may need to use a palette knife – and place on a lined baking tray. Using a sharp knife, cut a small rectangle from the pointed end of each heart: this will let you slot the biscuit onto the rim of your mug or glass.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just beginning to darken.
- Let the biscuits harden slightly on the baking tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. When the biscuits are cool, decorate them to your heart’s content. (See what we did there?)
We think everyone should experience our deliciously creamy hot chocolate, so many of our fabulous flavours are also vegan. Discover the selection here.
Your Cocoa Creations
From morish mugfuls to creative cupcakes, we love seeing your homemade concoctions. Follow us on Instagram and tag @whittardofchelsea1886 for a chance to be featured in our gallery.