Monsoon Malabar Coffee
Out of stock
Exceptionally smooth with a sweet, spicy kick, this dark roast coffee is unique to the lush Malabar Coast of Karnataka and Kerala, where it has protected status.
One of India’s finest coffees, Monsoon Malabar is also one of the best-loved coffees in our range. Exposed for months on end, the arabica beans are washed to a pale gold by the steamy storms of the monsoon season – the secret behind this coffee’s distinctive taste profile.
• Origin: India
• Roast: Dark
• Number of servings (using 15g per cup): 125g = 8 cups; 250g = 16 cups; 500g = 33 cups; 1kg = 66 cups
• Ideal for using with: Our range of Coffee Grinders, Cafetières, Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop, AeroPress Coffee Maker, Nova Double-Walled Mug and Hario V60 Craft Coffee Maker – but enjoy experimenting to find your unique brewing style
• Serving suggestion: Enjoy hot, iced or cold brewed
• Cafe-style coffees to try at home: There's no set of rules here, but our personal favourite for this particular coffee is a latte
Roasted Arabica beans.Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Storage: Always store coffee in an airtight container. Ground coffee should be used within 2 weeks of opening to ensure optimum freshness.
Roasted and packed in the UK.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
Please note coffee packaging may differ from ones shown
Delivery & Returns
Product Content Slot
More about this Coffee
Red Wine & Brazil Nut
Try it as...
We love a strong shot of this rich, dark coffee brewed in an AeroPress and served as a latte.
Our Monsoon Malabar comes from the Karnataka region, on the northern stretch of the Malabar Coast in south-western India.
How to Brew the Perfect
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee + 35ml freshly boiled water)
250ml steamed milk
- Add 35ml freshly brewed coffee to a tall glass
- Top up with steaming hot milk
- Finish with a spoonful of foam.
1 espresso shot (18g ground coffee)
35ml freshly boiled water
- Brew a shot of espresso using 18g ground coffee and 35ml freshly boiled water. Allow it to cool.
- Load a glass with ice.
- Pour over your cooled coffee.
- Top up with cold milk if desired.
Find Out Other Ways to Brew here
As Brewed by You
Coffee is a personal thing, and we love to see how you put your touches on your morning cuppas. Take a snap, follow us on Instagram and tag @whittarduk for a chance to be featured in our gallery.